Monday, June 6, 2011

Just Saw Google Maps Street View Car in Old City, Philadelphia

Yes, indeed I did!   The realtor was giving me a ride home from the home inspection (see previous post) around noon today.  We were traveling south on 5th Street, when I saw this odd looking vehicle with a red soccer ball-type thing suspended high above the roof.  Captivated and curious, I looked at the car and saw that it was the Google Maps Street View car taking photos in Old City, Philadelphia.  I was able to quickly get my camera out of my purse and snap three (3) photos.  We lost track of them as the car headed west on Locust Street, and we didn't make the light. 

It was truly a blast seeing this take place as I'm a big fan of using this the street view functionality of Google Maps.



Corner of 5th and Locust Streets ↓ 



Check out the California license plate ↓



Oh no, the car is getting away ↓









No comments:

Post a Comment